So, you are a coffee lover and want to know whether it is safe to consume your favorite brewed coffee in a copper mug?
People are searching the internet for a respectable answer to this topic because it is frequently asked.
You already know that I enjoy coffee, therefore this question has been on my mind for a long time.
One day, after doing extensive research on the subject, I discovered some fascinating information that I will now share with you in this article.
I’ll go into great detail about this subject in the article and let you know if copper mugs are suitable for drinking coffee.
Are they toxic when used to drink any liquid?
Drinking anything with a pH below 6 can be hazardous to the body, according to a number of studies, including one that was included in the research report that the Iowa alcoholic beverage division released.
Use of substances with a pH lower than 6.0 in copper vessels is strictly forbidden.
These include beverages like wine, vinegar, fruit juice, and others of a similar nature.
But our main question is can you drink coffee in your copper mug
Both “Yes” and “No” are the succinct responses.
Coffee can still be sipped from the copper mug.
However, it is only beneficial to your health if you use a copper mug lined with non-reactive metals like tin, nickel, or stainless steel.
- our health may be at risk if you drink your coffee without using a lined coffee mug.
- Also, hot coffee is not good to drink using copper mugs.
- It is best for you to use copper mugs to drink cold iced coffee only.
- Do you know that coffee has acidic properties and has a pH of about 4.85 – 5.13?
- The pH is quite below the mark of 6.0 so it increases the risk of copper dissolving in the coffee and making your coffee taste like metal.
- At hot temperature, there is also risk of copper getting infused in your coffee and making it poisonous to drink.
- The level of harm also depends on the amount of coffee you are drinking in the mug.
- For example, if you are drinking an average of 1-2 times of coffee in the mug per day, there is a very low risk of getting affected by the reaction.
- On the other hand, if you are drinking coffee quite frequently in your copper mug every day, or say you are drinking from it all day, then you are more likely to be affected by the copper particles present in the mug.
- I strongly advise using just these unique PG Moscow Mule Copper Plating Coffee Mugs if you’re seeking for a secure and healthful copper coffee mug to drink your everyday coffee in.
- The interior stainless-steel lining of this cup is the key factor in my recommendation.
- However, I also strongly advise using this mug exclusively for iced coffee and not hot coffee.
- Because hot coffee transfers its heat to your lips fairly quickly, burning your lips if you drink it too hot or too fast with this cup is possible.
So, try drinking only cold iced coffee from such copper coffee mugs.
Is Using a Copper Mug Bad for Coffee?
Both Yes and No are acceptable answers.
It could be harmful to your health if you use a pure traditional copper coffee mug.
The acidic coffee you drink may dissolve in a coffee cup made of pure copper if the oxygen reacts with it.